Saturday, July 4, 2009

What I've Been Doing



I have been in sort of a slump lately. Not really doing much of anything.
Last week I finally finished the binding on Anthony's base ball qult. That came out really nice. I'm pleased with it. Now I just have to make the label and attach it. I have fabric to make a matching pillow case. That one is pictures a few days ago.

I finished the blue check table set that is pictured here. I'm not sure if I like it or not. My husband (Tony) isn't complainng, so I guess I will keep it.

Yesterday I finally finished these blue knit mittens that I started back in Jan when Tony was in the hospital with his heart attack. These will be a Christmas gift for Anthony - if I don't put them away somewhere and forget where I put them. Does anyone else out there do that ????.
Many, many years ago all the kids in the family had these mittens. All of my kids and all of the neices and nephews. They were standard (I could say "expected")Christmas gifts for everyone. A few years ago one of my grown up neices asked for a pair like "I made her when she was little". She has a new pair of mittens and wears them all the time when the weather is cold.

We had a quiet 4th of July around here. I worked this afternoon and came home and took a two hour nap. We had left overs for diner and then went out for our usual short walk. I sat on the front porch and ate my cup of ice cream. The "Blue Angles" were preforming at our airport, so I got to see a small part of that show while I sat and ate my ice cream. I am trying to finish a Log Cabin quilt for our quilting group at the Senior Center. I have it all machine quilted. Now I need to add the binding and finish it up. Maybe one of these days I will get that done.

I need to get busy on my Christmas stockings for Operation Care Package. Now that I have a Grandson in Afganistan, I REALLY need to stay on top of these things.

That's about it for tonight. Take care...

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Now I know where I got that wonderful gene from! I am forever buying something for one of the kids and putting it in my closet for a birthday or Christmas gift...only to find it months later!
    I often tell myself that I need to write on the calender what items I have hidden where.
    I bought Bill a bunch of stuff for Father's Day, hid it in my moms room, and found it a week after Father's day when we cleaned the top bunk...geez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Helen, it sounds to me like you accomplish more while 'in a slump' than I do when I'm on a roll. I love the blue 'flowery' fabric. What is it for?

    ReplyDelete