Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Quilt for Steven




Hi Everyone.

This part summer I found out that my oldest Grandson, Steve, needs a new quilt, sooo I started it yesterday. I finally found the right pattern and colors for him. It is going to be a sampler quilt done in "Civil War" blues, tans, and a little maroon. Here are the first three blocks that we completed in class yesterday.

Today was a different kind of day for me. It was rainy and gloomy all day and I had NOTHING on my calendar...sooo... I washed clothes and actually ironed all of them plus other pieces that had been hanging around for awhile. (Ironing is my least favorite thing to do). I also got about half way thought a basket of table cloths, pillow cases and other flat things. I left my ironing board up so maybe I will finish the rest tomorrow evening???

I am planning on spending most of tomorrow at the LQS for an opening sewing day. I'm not sure what I'm going to work on. I have a Christmas quilt that I want to stipple quilt and some old sampler blocks to finish. I am picking AJ up after school so I can spend a couple of hours with him. That is always fun and interesting

That's about it for now. I am exhausted this evening and planning on getting to bed early so I can be ready for a long day tomorrow. Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment