Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm learning to Applique : )

I have decided to learn something new. Last Wed I had my first lesson in Applique and I think I'm going to like it. At the Senior Center on Wed mornings we are starting a new quilt. The blocks are all appliqued flowers (of a sort) and I'm working on one of them. I think I did pretty good. My stitches are a little big, but that will improve with time and practice. On Fri., Sept 10th I will be joining an applique group and I intend to start a set of Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Bill wall hangings. I have good intentions. Now, I wondering how far I will get with this project.

I had AJ today. We had a good, but quiet day. All we did was sit and watch TV. That is really unusual for us. I am feeling a little blue this evening. It was one month ago tonight that Tony passed away.

I'm about ready to get in bed. Tomorrow is another work day at JoAnn Fabrics. I'm getting in lots of hours lately and that is good.
Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment